While preparing the right wing spar for priming I noticed 2 damages, quite deep, they are located on the leading edge side of the spar (fuel tank side).
It looks like a sharp object touched the spar, I’m sure this is not happened in my shop.
Continue reading “Right wing spar damage :-(“
The epoxy primer was dry so could rivet the spar extension back on.
Continue reading “Right main spar extension / Ardrox AV30”
Both spars had some issues that needed to be fixed. I started with the right wing spar. After those fixes some extra corrosion protection was needed, therefore I primed the complete wing spar.
Continue reading “Right wing main spar fixes and prime”
There was a dent in the main spar which needed to be smoothen out.
Continue reading “Main spar fix”
The holes of the 2 brackets for the rear spar extension didn’t line up, especially the holes where the rivets of the skins later go through.
Continue reading “Rear spar extension fix”
The epoxy primer needs more time to dry, so I had to wait 1 day before I could start riveting the parts together.
Continue reading “Rivet rear spars”
Finding together the required rear spar parts, spars and channels and deburred and primed them.
Continue reading “Deburring and priming of rear spar parts”