When I test-fitted the fueltank backplate including the brackets I noted that I needed to fix the hole alignment of the outboard bracket.
Better to fix this now than later with all the skins attached and the fuel tanks ready.
Continue reading “Outboard fuel tank bracket hole alignment”
While working on the right wing I noted that one web stiffener channel was missing.
Continue reading “Missing web stiffener channel”
I had to retorque the AN173 bolts to the higher value and found out that the holes were not nicely aligned.
Continue reading “Right main spar holes”
After the fixes were done I could prime and assemble the left main spar.
Continue reading “Primed and assembled the left main spar”
I had to do the same corrections on the left main spar as I had to do on the right spar.
Continue reading “Left main spar fixes”
After reviewing again my update from AN3 to NAS6603 I decided to change to AN173 bolts.
Continue reading “Wing spar update on AN3 bolts (trial 2 = better solution)”
During the initial test fit of the ribs I noted that the channel 109 of the left spar was wrong and the holes of rib 9 didn’t align with the channel.
Continue reading “Left wing spar channel replace”
TAF came with an answer about the right wing spar damage so I could continue with the fix and bolting the spar back together.
Continue reading “Right wing fix and installed NAS bolts (trial 1)”
Since I needed to mix some epoxy primer for the right wing spar fix I mixed a bit more for the pitot tube brackes and flap torque tubes.
Continue reading “Pitot tube bracket and flap torque tubes”
While preparing the right wing spar for priming I noticed 2 damages, quite deep, they are located on the leading edge side of the spar (fuel tank side).
It looks like a sharp object touched the spar, I’m sure this is not happened in my shop.
Continue reading “Right wing spar damage :-(“