I was not happy with the smaller and larger hand tools for setting rivnuts and during the build of the tanks I had some spinning rivnuts which is annoying to fix. So time for improvement.
Continue reading “Rivnut tool / rudder box”
There is an issue with the safety belt attachment brackets.
Continue reading “Safety-belt attachment bracket”
Since the rudder cables are not yet installed, it’s a good moment to execute SB0018.
Continue reading “SB0018 inspection rudder cables oval sleeves”
The RF skins are a tight fit, I managed to get a cleco in all holes, except 2 alignment issues. Because the rivets are a bit thicker it’s not possible to get a rivet in so I match-drilled all holes with the correct reamers.
Continue reading “Match-drill RF skins”
Like in the wings I used conduits in the rear fuselage.
Continue reading “RF conduits”
Test fit of the rear cover skin and fixed the flanges that conflict with the longerons.
Continue reading “RF rear cover skin test fit and flange adjustments”
Last week the replacement parts arrived, so I could continue with rib 3.
Continue reading “RF brackets rib 3 / installed longerons / step support”
The replacement parts for rib 3 are in transit and will arrive Monday, so I continued with deburring and priming the parts for the next step.
Continue reading “RF more prep work”