Priming many small parts causing a lot of over-spray, the filter was clogged and needed replacement. And since good lighting is important I installed some additional lights.
Continue reading “Paint booth updates”
After 16 months it was time to change the paint booth filters.
Continue reading “Changed the paint booth filters”
Since my first investigation about primers in September 2016 I still have some questions about the different kind of primers and prepping the aluminium. Therefore I started a small experiment with different kind of aluminium, degreasers, primers and a final 2K paint.
Continue reading “Primer / corrosion experiment”
When priming the vertical stabiliser the light conditions were not ideal, also the half face respirator was not ideal.
Continue reading “More lights and full face respirator”
Finally the paintbooth is ready and the first Kristal 2k washprimer could be sprayed.
Continue reading “Paintbooth ready”
Installed the fan and correct filters for the booth.
Continue reading “Paintbooth fan and filters”
Paitbooth for priming, made from 22 x 44 mm timer, plastic foil and duct tape.
Continue reading “Paintbooth”