Hrs: 3

Match-drill RF skins

The RF skins are a tight fit, I managed to get a cleco in all holes, except 2 alignment issues. Because the rivets are a bit thicker it’s not possible to get a rivet in so I match-drilled all holes with the correct reamers.

This is really a problem area, 2 holes of the left RF skin don’t align with the left flanges of rib 8, it seems that the tie-down-hook is 2 mm too far backwards:

I put masking tape on the bottom skin, so I can apply epoxy primer to protect the mating surfaces:

I did my best to prevent having contours of the rib flanges visible on the RF skins, nevertheless contours where visible in 2 areas, which I need to fix:

One thought on “Match-drill RF skins”

Comments are closed.