The wingtips should be mounted symmetrical to avoid a heavy wing. Unfortunately both wing tips are not the same size which needed to be corrected.
I decided to make a wooded mold for the left and right wing tip and compare both.
First a made a mold with the jigsaw, next I used that mold and the router to make final molds:
I made 3 reference points in the mold:
– 90 degrees where the main spar is
– height where the nav lights go
– trailing edge
The right wing tip was not similar:
– When level with the main spar the nav lights is about 2 cm higher
– When level with the main spar the trailing edge is about 2 cm higher
– Especially near the trailing edge the tip was to large
This didn’t work 🙁
Quite some work but I think it’s worth having both tips exactly the same…