The height of the wing tip was no the same as the height of the wing so I had to adjust the wing tip.
This blog post is about the work that I did in the last 2 weeks.
I used a oscillating multi tool and a dremel to remove that flange, which is quite time consuming.
Next I reinforced the top and bottom with 2 layers of fiberglass and to further stiffen the top I added 3 layers of carbon fiber and 1 larger piece of fiberglass to prevent galvanic corrosion between the carbon and the aluminium strip:
I used epoxy resin and peel ply to cover the curing layer. Using peel ply reduces the amount of resin in the fiberglass / carbon fiber and prevents sanding when adding another layer.
Next I will remove the gelcoat (near the flange) with 40 grid sandpaper and will add some layers of fiberglass on the outside to ensure a perfect fit.